My attempt to learn to fly

My attempt to learn to fly
My 35th Birthday present to myself. Freefall skydiving

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Imagine the possibilities

It seems to me that as a child I was always on "imagine if" mode. Normal or not it was my way of life. When I was doing a chore, I would pretend that the chore had to be done before the King would come home or "off with my head" or that I would pretend that I would win a prize if I could get the job done in my own idea of the fastest time possible. When bored i would actually create an environment in my head and a story to go along with it. When possible, I would use whatever was available around me so that I could have something physical to touch to make my imaginary world interactive. A box or a button or a cupboard. An example would be one day my cousin Johnny and I were playing and I decided to make my Grandfather's closet into the bat cave. I was going to be Bat Girl and of course Johnny would be Batman. I found crayons and we begin to draw buttons on the inside of the closet that would make it appear to have special technology that could transform our small closet area into our safe haven from criminals. Too bad we did not think it through as Grama caught us and Johnny and I spent the next hour or more scrubbing the closet walls. Not the first or last time that Johnny and my imaginations got us into trouble.


If I had trouble sleeping as a child, I would close my eyes until a picture flashed into my mind. Once I had the piture, I would add as much detail as possible until it felt as though I was seeing it with my eyes open in an awakened state. I always knew when I was done because if I could not see the details as clearly as if I were actually looking at the pictures object, I had to embellish more. This stilll works for me as an adult. I never have trouble sleeping if I remember to close my eyes and look for the pictures. Most of the time the pictures are of children I had never met (I believe these are the babies I lost) or ball gowns and dancing. For those who know me, may see, where my childhood fantasy of being Anna in "The King and I" came from. The movie matched my pictures and my first crush I can remember was Yule Brenner (ahhh). I was really hooked on the idea of dressing up and dancing in a big beautiful gown and Yule Brener made Bald men the object of my dreams. I had as a young girl believed the pictures were memories of places I had been before I was Lolo. The thought of reincarnation possibilities or alternate lives did not occur to me until I Became a young adult.


As an adult, I have used this detailing mental picture ability to make the things I really want come true. I do not know how it works but it does. 11 years ago I wanted a new car. I had no money and made very little. I had recently bought a Townhome and was living check to check. But I really wanted a new car, so I pictured the car I wanted, went to the car lots and saw the one I was going to have. For the next year I envisioned every single detail. I even made myself be able to smell the new car smell. A year later, I was offered a refinancing option on my Townhouse that could include a new car and the payment would be the same as I was already paying. No miracle, some would say but, it felt like a miracle to me and it solidified my belief in my personal mission statement. "If I want it and can see it, and then if I believe it, I then can achieve it." I am still working on this skill but I have found that I truely in my heart have most everything I want. I now spend alot of time visioning vacations and play time with my son. There are things I would love to have for my family or my husband, but I am not as good at doing this when another person is involved. Maybe because you can not change another persons world unless they are participating in the change. This explains the troubles I have had in my marriage and my lack of monthly income which is shared with my family. I do however, believe that all things are possible when all persons involved are participating in this group prayer, visioning process. I believe the following: The Bible says "When two or more of you gather in my name(God), I will be there" (please forgive me if this is not exactly as your bible or church books tell you) and I believe that through God (or what ever name you call the Universal spirit that is in and around and part of all of us) all things are possible. I just happen to believe that prayer, visioning and meditation are the way to conect to these possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment