My attempt to learn to fly

My attempt to learn to fly
My 35th Birthday present to myself. Freefall skydiving

Friday, October 16, 2009

Who is this Lolo

Lolo is the nickname I received as a child from my dad.  My stepfather actually.  He was very young when he married my Mother and was kind enough to call her children his own.  The nickname was special as not all of my 2 Brothers and 3 sisters were given one and it felt special to me because he endeared himself to me by giving me this nickname which stuck throughout my life. 
 
As an adult the name caught on with all of my nieces ad nefews including Smash. Now my friends children and granchildren also call me Lolo.  The reason I use this name here is because,  I am taking a very special breath in my life.  The one that throws out old baggage and brings in the blessings.  This breath will bring in the light of the spirit and I will exhale from my life all that is painful, ugly or no longer necessary for my personal or spiritiual growth.  Lolo is the small little girl inide me that needs me to play, she needs to be loved and taken care of and cherished by none other than me.  This blog is my way of journalizing the lessons she has learned as well as the insights I learn from remembering through her.  I know this small girl still lives inside my heart and is a large part of who I am now.  I am hoping that with her courage and support I can again dance through the second half of my life with the passion, intent and integrity I remember of her .

No comments:

Post a Comment